Self LOVE Rituals in 2020 that will change your life!
Welcoming the m a g i c that is 2020! 2020 is a year that will bring a powerful shift in energy and a year that will hold us all accountable for aligning with our authenticity! With this new decade upon us, we thought it would be a perfect time to share some of our favorite self love rituals that we are bringing with us into this new year. Self love can look different for everyone & we want to encourage you to LISTEN to what you need. What would make your mind, body & soul feel best? Here are some of our favorite self love rituals- hopefully this inspires you to make self love a priority in 2020...
We HIGHLY recommend creating routines & rituals that you can incorporate into your day. The easiest way to do this is to start small, even 15 minutes a day. Every day is so different and your routines will never look exactly the same- that is not the goal here. The goal is to try and find small things that make you feel your best so you can intentionally and intuitively curate self love rituals that boost your self love every day.
Okay, here are some of our favorite rituals that you can incorporate in the MORNINGS & EVENINGS:
Self Love Rituals for Mindful Mornings
Your mornings set the tone for your entire day! Be extra intentional about how you move through them. Incorporating some self love rituals will truly shift the tone of your entire day. We’ve listed a few of our favorites below… we don’t incorporate all of these every single morning but we do our best to incorporate as many as we can. Your list may look totally different, but we wanted to share what’s working for us to get some ideas flowing.
- NO PHONE for the first hour of waking up with the exception of content that will inspire you like podcasts or music! By no phone we mean mindlessly scrolling on Instagram first thing in the AM. Try not to sleep next to your phone so you’re not tempted to reach for it first thing. Train yourself to start your day off mindfully.
- Hydration- You probably already know that staying hydrated will give you an energy boost, make your skin glow & make you feel your absolute best… it’s time to COMMIT to it! Hot tips to stay hydrated: Prep some infused spa water the night before! Slice some fruit & herbs that you want to sip on! You can use lemon, ginger, mint, strawberries- anything!
- Morning skincare- find some products that work for your skin & curate a routine that you can stick to! The key here is consistency so be sure to not skip on this every morning. We love starting our days off with a gentle cleanser, a brightening serum or facial oil, & a quick facial massage with our Rose Quartz Roller & Gua Sha Set. We love this because it allows you to customize the facial massage experience that you need based on how your skin feels! PLUS- rose quartz stone promotes self LOVE & confidence so this is the perfect beauty tool to incorporate into your morning self love ritual!
- Meditation- if you’ve never meditated before, start small! We recommend using an app (we love Headspace & Unplug) to guide you through. You can also simply close your eyes and focus on your breathing for a few minutes. You have all the tools you need within yourself to get to a powerful place with meditation!
- Morning potion- treat yourself to something to fuel you in the morning, and something that will help you slow down for a few moments! We love the ritual of creating a morning matcha latte (iced matcha with oat milk & a glass straw if we’re getting specific). Your morning potion could be tea, coffee, matcha, or even a big glass of lemon water to hydrate.
- Move your body in some way- getting active first thing in the morning will allow you to start your day feeling proud of yourself! Our favorite way to do this: a morning yoga flow (we love Yoga With Adrienne on Youtube) or a morning walk in our neighborhoods.
- Get some fresh air- fresh air & sunshine are SO important to get first thing in the AM, even if it’s just for a few minutes. Open your blinds and windows first thing to get some light & fresh air if you can’t go outside!
- Wake up earlier- if you want to prioritize self love & you feel like you don’t have the time, make it a point to wake up a bit earlier. A successful morning always starts with the night before so make sure you get enough sleep! If you want to wake up an hour earlier, try going to bed an hour earlier + practice our tips below on winding down!
Self Love Rituals for an Evening Wind Down
How do you currently spend your time in the evenings? We noticed that evenings were an area that we could bring some more self care + self love rituals in. The biggest thing for us here was finding out what we could remove from our evenings to create space for new routines & rituals.
- Truly disconnect- evenings are the time to leave the energy of the day behind & shift into getting ready for an amazing night of rest. This is probably the MOST important step of the evening wind down, so give yourself the gift of resting & recharging. Everything can wait!
- Set the mood- here's your chance to create a mood… how do you want to feel? We love feeling relaxed so we use a Himalayan Salt Lamp & some candles to create a rosy glow in our space. You could also light some palo santo to cleanse the energy that you brought home with you from your day.
- Listen to what you need- if you’re feeling exhausted, allow yourself to relax completely! If you’re feeling creative, honor that & give yourself the space to create. Being intuitive will allow you to take control of your time & do more things that make you feel your best.
- Evening skincare- we LOVE skin care in the evenings! Our current favorite way to take care of our skin in the evenings is to treat ourselves to a gua sha facial massage with a facial oil. We love using our Rose Quartz Roller & Gua Sha Set for this to infuse some self loving energy into our skincare routine!
- Evening potion- we’ve been really into sipping some cacao! Cacao has calming properties and is very heart opening which allows you to connect to yourself & others more deeply. We also love cozying up with a cup of hot tea like Sleepytime Extra Tea to calm our minds down.
- Set yourself up for a good night of sleep- Begin winding down a few hours before you go to bed and set yourself up to get a great night’s rest!
We hope you enjoyed our tips for bringing self love rituals into your routine in 2020! If you want to make Self Love a priority in 2020, check out our podcast, Self Adore HERE!
What are some of your favorite self love rituals at the moment? Comment below & let us know! We want to hear from you! xoxo, C & E